Monday, August 13, 2012

Thoughts of cool days and friends and family

We have been in Colorado over 3 months now. An AMAZING 3 months! These 3 months have been full of so much fun and excitement. Caleb and I were out hiking yesterday, and it was beautiful weather in the 70s! We are excited because fall weather is starting to come, and we are back to having our A/C turned off and the windows open to enjoy the fresh air. While we were hiking yesterday, I said I'm really excited to be living in Colorado because as fall and winter are coming we have so much still we want to do that will wait for next spring and summer. Fall and winter are going to bring about some excitement too as we will be experiencing our first winter with a good bit more snow than we're used too. I can't wait!! I was warned that we could see snow as early as September and then most likely at least one snow fall in October. A great thing about Colorado Springs is it doesn't stay covered in snow all winter. I know friends and family that live in places where the ground stays snow-covered for many months and it gets old, but here it will be nice because I think we'll enjoy it more each time it snows rather than get sick of it. Well, I guess we could get sick of it because friends here talk about how it can be a pain when roads don't get plowed or sanded like they should. Eh, it will all be part of the adventure of new things for us!

I am so thankful and excited to be living in Colorado, but I do miss my family and friends back home. Colorado feels like home, but South Carolina is home too because although it may sound cliche home is definitely where the heart is. My heart is in both places. Right here in Colorado in our home that I love with Caleb and getting to meet so many new friends and see many new places, but also my heart is in South Carolina where my thoughts are often on my family and friends who I still love the same. It will make the times we are together with our South Carolina friends and family even more special. It's exciting to be making plans with my family coming here around Christmas, and even the long weekend trips to Gunnison to be with Krista & Daniel are exciting! We are going Labor Day weekend to spend time with them. I have a feeling the temperatures are really going to be dropping by then especially in Gunnison which is usually 5-10 degrees cooler than Colorado Springs. Maybe we'll even be wearing jeans and a jacket during the day. For now, these have been my thoughts the past couple weeks as August started and is now almost halfway over. Thoughts of new fall and winter days ahead and thoughts of friends and family. Wonderful thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment