It's that time of year again. Wildflowers covering the mountains and valleys! The past two years it was strange to me that in March and April you don't see flowers blooming. Blooming flowers in the spring months is what I was used to back in South Carolina. It's still snowing through March & April in Colorado! This year I expected the snow in the spring and was excited knowing the wildflowers would be blooming and vibrant right after summer started June 21st.
Nathan, Caleb, and I headed to Gunnison and Crested Butte for 3 days in mid-July to see Krista, Daniel, and Gabs. This second week of July was peak season for many of the wildflowers.
This little wildflower was our favorite!
We hiked part of the West Maroon Bells trail north of Crested Butte. The Maroon Bells wilderness area was covered in wildflowers. Krista suggested we go here and it was a brilliant idea! The trail was around 10,000 feet in elevation so it was cool enough at times on the hike to wear jackets.
Gabs got a turn hiking with Caleb and took a short nap during this stretch.
Family in Colorado is one of our many blessings in life right now. Making memories with them has been an absolute delight.
Rocky Mountain Columbine flowers were in peak season. This is the CO state flower.
There are three things I love about this picture above: 1) this man who is my adventurer in the mountains and in life with me 2) the wildflowers were covering all sides of the trail as we hiked 3) it is July and we can wear jackets while out on a hike. CO summer weather is perfect to my liking. It's not hot and sticky and when the sun is shining it's perfectly warm.
I'm still amazed we get to live in a place this beautiful and be able to drive all around the state seeing mountain beauty like this. It's beautiful during all 4 seasons of the year.
I sign off now as we are about to pack up and head out for some more 14er mountain climbing, camping, wildflowers, and adventuring with these three again!
No comments:
Post a Comment