This past weekend Caleb & I went to The Spring Spree at one of our large city parks. I was confused as to why it was called Spring Spree because it's summer time although technically the first day of summer isn't until June 20th (which is tomorrow). Caleb kindly reminded me of the name of the city where we live, and I had my aha! moment. Colorado Springs is commonly called "the Springs" to people who live in the area which I already knew but did not factor that into my reasoning for the naming of the fair. This was a fun city fair combined with festival aspects with the typical fair foods, rides, bands, entertainment, and tent vendors. One group who was at the fair was the James McGraw BMX bike group who were on the tv show America's Got Talent. I wasn't so much as fascinated with the fact that they were on the tv show as I was with their actual talent. They were actually really impressive and interesting to watch. Unfortunately, it started raining so I didn't get too many good pictures because of the dark sky.
Now, the rain.
We saw the rain coming as you can see in these pictures. It was falling over the mountains, but no one seemed to be bothered that it was raining in the distance. It is common during the summer months in the Springs to have afternoon thunderstorms which typically only last about 15 minutes and pass over. Well, us along with the other hundreds of people started seeking shelter as the rain started plopping. I call it plopping because these rain drops were bigger than your average rain drops in my opinion. We saw people who parked within the park start taking off for their cars, while others started huddling together underneath different vendor's booths. We thought we'd try to run for it and make it to our car which was clear on the other side of the park, across the main road, and down 2 blocks in a residential neighborhood. As we were running through the plopping rain laughing with our clothes starting to soak through, we started to feel things pricking our skin.
There was a car show with some awesome older vehicles as well as modern ones with special features added to them. We also saw these bikes positioned throughout the car show. We weren't really sure what the deal was other than fancy looking backs that were all made up. Pretty neat looking anyway.
Some fun looking hamster balls people were rolling around
No comments:
Post a Comment