These two lovebirds pictured below are coming to Colorado Springs for the weekend!! The cool looking photographer dude is awake during the days for the weekend. What a great way to spend the weekend. =)
My 1st cousin once removed, her husband, her daughter who is my 2nd cousin and her husband and her children were in Colorado Springs for this week. I had to do a little internet research to figure out the cousin deal. For all those who wake up each day puzzled and wondering who are your 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... cousins and who are your once removed cousins, well I found the answer!! So no worries, you no longer have to wonder. And it's such a simple thing I can't believe it has to seem so confusing.
Anyone who is your cousin and is in your generation then those are your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...
If someone is your cousin and they are not in your generation then they are the once removed or twice removed....
Make sense?
So one example would be: Your parents first cousins are NOT in your generation so that would be first cousin once removed. If that same person has children then those are your 2nd cousins. Your 2nd cousins are your parents 1st cousins once removed. Yeah now it starts sounding confusing again, but following the rule above (which I believe to be the best way that makes sense for definitions) then you can figure it out. Not that it really matters who is your 2nd and 3rd or once removed. To me they are all family.
Anyway, back to my relatives being in town. They were in town for other reasons, but I was glad to be included in some of their fun while here. I enjoyed a visit to Garden of the Gods with them one afternoon. One morning we all went to the zoo and then spent time in the afternoon swimming at our pool in our apartment complex. It was a hot week for them to be here especially with them coming from Seattle where it is not this hot. (Unfortunately, I did not take my camera along with me. My cousin Jan took a lot of pictures so maybe later on I can post some of them if I see any posted online at a later time).
It was in the high 80s this week and a couple days hit the 90s. They leave tomorrow and then it goes back down to the 70s all next week. I guess they were just meant to experience Colorado Springs for the first time in some high dry heat. At least the humidity was less than 20% most of the time. Dry heat is much better after living in humid sticky southern heat for so long.
This coming week more family is passing through Colorado Springs. My Uncle Scott & Aunt Peggy are joining us for lunch one day next week, and then I'll be meeting up with my parents in another part of Colorado to celebrate my 1st cousin and her husband who got married last summer. (Uncle Scott & Aunt Peggy's daughter making her my 1st cousin, but I think everyone knows the 1st cousin definition). Then my parents and I will be coming back to Colorado Springs to spend the week after the 4th of July with me and Caleb! Lots of family over a few weeks, and I'm loving it. I always love getting to catch up with family I haven't seen in a couple years and even getting together with the Gunnison ones we saw just a couple weeks ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment