Saturday, March 24, 2012

Job Searching, Applying, and Waiting

This is what life has been like. Searching for jobs, filling out the many applications, and waiting to hear if Caleb's being considered or if someone else is hired for the job. Caleb has applied for nursing jobs in Colorado Springs, Denver, cities outside of Denver, Grand Junction, and probably some more I don't remember. Caleb made me laugh last night when he said, "I'm going to forget everything I've learned in school. Someone needs to hire me soon!" I say someone needs to hire him soon so he doesn't have to fill out anymore applications. It doesn't just take 5 minutes to fill out online applications. It takes quite a while. When you are applying for multiple hospital systems, you have to fill out a new application with each one and answer all the questions and surveys that go along with the application. He makes me proud for working hard in finding a job.

The ER job here in Greenville did not work out because the manager isn't hiring recent graduates at this time. For now, we continue to wait and pray that a position will open for him that is right where both of us need to be. I got a card from Krista, my sister-in-law for our anniversary and it said the best thing on it. "Sometimes we have to wait for the best things in life, but it's so worth it! And makes us find true fulfillment in Jesus :)" This was such a great reminder as I've had my days of impatience when all we can do is wait. Krista's note reminded me of the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. It says:
I'm waiting, I'm waiting on your Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it's not easy not, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait.

As we wait for the next step in our lives, we are so thankful for all we've been given since we've been married. God has faithfully provided for us with even more than we need. We have a wonderful home to live in that we absolutely love, and have loved having more time to spend with friends and family in Greenville. 


No comments:

Post a Comment