Thursday, March 1, 2012

Celebrating one year of marriage


We are coming up on our one-year anniversary on March 19th! When I asked Caleb how he would describe our first year of marriage he said, “good.” That’s my man of few words for you, but he speaks the truth. It was a great year full of fun changes, friendship, road trips, and adventures. It all started out with a beautiful wedding ceremony that we shared with friends and family who traveled far to be with us. Thanks to our sweet parents who helped to make it such a perfect and memorable day for us.




We were sent off in our creatively plastic-wrapped decorated car and headed to Florida for a cruise to the Bahamas. The Bahamas was beautiful, and I'd love to go on another cruise sometime. We had so much fun being on our first vacation together and loved every minute of the cruise!


Life is crazy fun being married to a man who is full of adventure and spontaneity. I can't wait for many more years together. I keep thinking "Oh the places we'll go!" We enjoyed trips to Maine, Annapolis MD, Colorado, Wake Forest NC over this past year. We spent a few weekends in the spring and fall camping in North Carolina with beautiful weather for hiking. It got a little chilly at night, but I'd rather have cold chilly nights than hot humid summer nights because it's easy to bundle up and get warm. We are celebrating our one year anniversary next weekend at Myrtle Beach. It'll be nice to get away for a couple days and spend some good quality time together. I love to travel so I can't wait!


Strange fact: Caleb doesn't like the beach! When we were in college, we would take day trips to Charleston. We'd leave a Saturday morning and drive 3 hours to Charleston with our packed lunches and spend the whole day there at the beach then usually go into downtown Charleston to eat dinner somewhere and drive back after supper. I loved it because we'd have all that time in the car to talk and then we'd walk on the beach and just relax laying out.
This is when I found out Caleb doesn't like the beach. He doesn't particularly enjoy getting wet and then having sand sticking to him or the wind blowing sand all over. But he goes to the beach because he knows I love it and it's great time for us to relax and be together. He gave me permission to share this information. :) His grandparents use to live at Myrtle Beach so he is excited to take me there and show me the places he likes. I've only been to the beach a couple times with friends, so this is a treat for me! Great times with my man and it being spent at the beach for a couple days.








1 comment: